Saturday, December 5, 2009

Brand New Baby!!!

Hello, hello. We have had some recent reason to start blogging. Our daughter, Ellie Jo, was born on the 23rd of November at about 8:15 p.m. Weighing a whopping 7 lbs 14 oz. She's gorgeous because she looks just like her mom.

Sarah was feeling some minor contractions at around 6 a.m. She didn't tell Joe until he was a little ways into his English class. Sarah texted "I'm having contractions about 10 minutes apart but they aren't hurting way bad yet and they aren't lasting very long so we're not going to the hospital yet." That was around 9:15 a.m. Joe went home and while we waited for the contractions to get closer we stayed at home and played cards. Michelle and Orrin had come down a couple days before. Orrin has the massage skills to hit all the right pressure points to speed up labor because at this point Sarah was already a week over due.

Around 4 p.m. we all headed to the hospital because the contractions were starting to get worse. Sarah was in a lot of pain until around 5 p.m. when she was able to get an epidural. after that she said that she hardly even felt anything the rest of the time.

About 7:30 p.m. she started pushing and then at about 8:15 p.m. Ellie Jo was born into this world.

She didn't cry at all right at first. She was pretty calm. The nurses said that she had a lot of gunk in her lungs still so they were trying to get her to cry while they cleaned he up to help get some of the gunk out. But everything worked out. She cried a little bit when they gave her a bath.

The poor little girl must have had a pretty traumatic life right at first because there were a million cameras taking pictures of her right after she was born and they haven't exactly stopped as one could imagine.

While we were at the hospital we had a little scare while Sarah was feeding Ellie Jo that first night. Ellie had coughed up some gunk and didn't clear it out all the way and couldn't breath very well. She was starting to turn blue. So Sarah had Joe call the nurse. "Hi. Can I help you?" "Yeah. We're not sure our baby is breathing." No longer than 5 seconds there were 3 nurses in our room. They grabbed Ellie Jo and got the gunk out in a matter of seconds. They said that it happens all the time and they showed us some tricks in case it happens later on. The nurses were all very polite and helpful during the entire ordeal.

Wednesday rolled around and Sarah, Joe, and Ellie Jo got to go home. Ellie Jo wasn't eating too well on Thursday so we went into the hospital to get some tricks to see if there was a way that we could get her to eat regularly. There was a lactating specialist there that gave us some tips and now to this day Ellie Jo is eating just fine. Lately she has had some stomach issues that have just been upsetting her. The moral of that story is that she doesn't sleep very well which we know is normal but we don't get a whole lot of sleep either. That was just a little vent sentence. We know that there is more of that to come.

Over all, of course, this entire experience thus far has been amazingly rewarding and life changing and we wouldn't change it for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment


The two most beautiful women ever.